Leather       -       Lampshades       -       Lipgloss

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flawless Foundation


I think that if I were asked to describe my "style" when it comes to doing makeup... I really have a passion for making sure that my client looks like their natural best. By cleaning up the eye brows, and giving some subtle shaping and contouring, we can give the face perhaps some shape... but it is all gone to waste if the skin isn't flawless and glowing.

Everyone has their own style and techniques, so I figured I would share mine to give you another spin on how to make that flawless finish that everyone is seeking. Now, if you like that powdery finish, that is super uniform in colour and looks like you've been photoshopped to perfection... don't bother reading on. My personal preference is for a bit of a glow, skin that while it is even in tone, there also is some natural shading which happens with bronzer, and a bit of a dewy rosy blush to finish. Imagine skin that makes it look as though you've just run in from a great day playing in the sun...

1) Vichy Aqualia Thermal Mineral Balm: I love the creamy texture of this daily moisturizer from Vichy, not only does it make the skin perfect for blending out our foundation... it is a light weight hypoallergenic, fragrance free that works well on most of my clients.

2) Stila - Illuminating Foundation: This foundation give a glow that is truly radiant. Perfect for that 'blushing bride' and for giving dull dry skin a little pep. Bonus, the reflective quality hides fine lines and discoloration!

3) Urban Decay - 247 concealer pencil: This little concealer pencil does NOT budge. It does what they say. I've done the quick face wash in the shower at night and found I still had my concealer under my eyes! Definitely great for wedding clients, photo shoot, but most of all, real life...

4) Smashbox - Eye Beam double ended pencil: A long time favourite, it is great for just giving that added spot of glow in the right places around the eyes. My tip? I do one swipe of the concealer pencil under my eyes, and another swipe of the BROW side of the pencil underneath and then blend it out with my foundation brush.



For me on a regular day, I would be finished here... but for photos we need to cut the shine (but only a bit!)


5) MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish: This light weight mineral powder helps to set all of our makeup, and gives light weight buildable colour. Lovely for contouring, and shaping the face, but also just to dust over the T-zone to prevent too much shine!

As Paula the Beauty Boutique manager at Shoppers Drugmart Kanata south store once put it "go with the glow" And I absolutely agree :)

Portrait taken by Mike Geiger

No comments:

Post a Comment