I recently set up a basic apartment in my basement for short term stay tenants or perhaps longer visitors... I'll do a full blog on the basement when its closer to done, but in the mean time I found a fab way to have water down in the apartment with out needing a huge machine standing on the floor.

It started off with a quick stop in at Value Village this morning (this seriously sounds like many of my other projects) where I came across this fantastic 3 litre water dispenser. I really liked the simple clean design and the sturdy design of the spout for for $3.99 I figured what am I going to lose?
After a good wash down and test I was fortunately correct that the tap has no leaks! and it cleaned up like new it must have barely been used.

Next up was to find a base... Due to the positioning of the tap there is no way anyone can get a glass under there with out keeping it at the edge of the counter which really didn't sit well with me.
My vision was to find a nice squat ceramic flower pot in a turquoise colour to match what I have going on in the basement. Sure enough after a bit of wandering around HomeSense I found exactly what I was looking for!
Lucky for me, the size was a perfect fit... (since I forgot to measure the water dispenser before leaving the house) And the final product is a pretty slick looking $15 counter top water dispenser!
A compact water dispenser like this is a clever way to add convenience without sacrificing valuable floor space. The raised base also makes the spout much easier to use. Pairing practical accessories with durable custom countertops can help create a functional, attractive setup for small kitchens or basement apartments easily.
ReplyDelete