Leather       -       Lampshades       -       Lipgloss

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Peaches and Cream


I learned how to Crochet when I was pretty young. My mother taught me so that I could make outfits for my dolls.
We'd make little skirts, or a sweater with some sleeves... all sorts of little outfits came out of looping together a bit of yarn and a little hook.

I love making things, there is something satisfying about being able to see something and knowing how to make it.

Oddly, I've never learned how to follow a crochet pattern, when I read the pattern no visual comes to mind, so unless I can see the item or get a photo of it, I really have no idea what I'm making when following a pattern.


I figured I'd show off a few of the things I've made in the last little while after a conversation I had with Anne Hopkins at the Clothing Show and a GF and Model friend of mine Raliat who are both avid crochet and knitters...

The 1st image is a hat I made a couple weekends ago at the cottage. A loose and open summer style tam for those days where my hair just should not see the light...

To the right is a all cotton shower scrubby... with a popcorn finish to one side for a more scrub like feel. And a loop at the top to hang in my shower.

I started this pretty little scarf last summer and ended up just having so much going on that it dragged on for what seems like months.

It was a design I tripped over while searching online for light weight scarves for this beautiful yarn I found and it was definitely worth the wait. the beads were all strung onto the yarn in advance and pulled into the pattern as I went along. So I have no worries about whether or not they will come untied. If those beads fall off then the whole scarf is done for.

I have a few projects on the go for this summer, one being a light weight shrug that I am praying looks as beautiful as the one I scouted out on Etsy. Probably one of the most beautiful collection of shawls, shrugs and caplets I've ever seen is from Sweet Knitting from Turkey.

1 comment: