Leather       -       Lampshades       -       Lipgloss

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Please... Take A Seat

In my hunt for really rad things for my place I seem to have collected a fair number of fab stores/sites that need sharing. If you're into that sleek modern or Mid century Modern look then you may get a kick out of this list too. But rather than just make a boring list of websites I figure I'd pair this with my love for beautiful chairs!

So this is my wish list of chairs that I would buy if I actually had enough space from my top sites to surf for products and inspirations...

Structube has a great assortment of funky designs at mid range prices. I have a few pieces from here and they have lasted well.

This is the Cocoon Swivel Chair for $229. Furniture lovers would agree for a design like this $229 is an absolute steal.

My only feedback is this chair is definitely a lounge chair rather than an office chair, it sits fairly low but all in all a hot little number!


If you are willing to wait... EQ3 will make you exactly what you are looking for. Choose the style, and the colour of legs, plus your fabric and get a sofa delivered that is 100% you.

I got the Sofa version of the BYRD Sofa last Autumn and I absolutely adore it!

The seat cushion over time does stretch, so don't' expect it to remain looking tight and smooth like the catalog for ever.


After discovering CB2 while on a trip to California I was super excited to hear that they would be coming up to Canada at the end of this summer!

This Tangerine Parlour chair is just fab-tastic it is a hint pricey at $699 but with my current love for Orange, plus those sexy legs I'm still yearning for it none the less...



Urban Outfitters has been an interesting site to look through for me. More often than not the product has a bit of a bohemian twist, however there is almost always a few Danish Modern and Modernist pieces in the mix.

This Modernist Chair for $149 is adorable with its clean compact styling, the bent wood seat and back and tapered legs. I could see this chair as a subtle accessory to any room.






I tripped upon Zone Maison while out for breakfast on the Plateau in Montreal last Autumn...

The Phil Arm Chair at $199 is a great little find. Leatherette finish may end up being a hint worn being white... but the overall look is so cute and unique!





Going beyond the classic POÄNG Chair Ikea can come up with a few good pieces from time to time! Often given a hard time for making furniture you can't move with (since it won't go back together again quite as nicely the 2nd time) There are certainly gems in the collection.

The Tirup Swivel Armchair for $379 is a sleek simple and comfy little chair. I quite like that it does not have arms on it making it easier to lounge and cross my legs.

The Urban Barn has a great collection of very modern and sometime a little kooky stuff.

The Cedric Armchair for $549 is an absolute beauty. Clean lines in a cool grey and beautiful button back and arms. For the OCD of us, this chair will NEVER look mussed up that's for sure!



Only recently was I pointed towards the Phillip Van Leeuwen store in Ottawa here and I tell you boy was I glad when it happened...

There are so many lovely chairs there I'm not even sure where to start. So I figured I'd point out one that was most "interesting"

This translucent polycarbonate Papyrus arm chair in its yummy avocado colour (more colours available) can be used indoors or out. I can just picture a lovely garden dining set with this chair.

Well these are just a few of my fave shops... Maybe I'll do a compilation of tables for next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment